With literally hundreds of different interior design styles it can be difficult to really find your own. And then incorporating a design style into your own home can be even more challenging.
But it doesn’t have to be intimidating. Read our simple guide on tips and tricks for finding your unique design style. Let’s make your home design dreams a reality.
1. Take a Design Style Quiz Online
Need help defining your style? Take a quiz! Online quizzes are an easy way to help you find out your interior design style. Online quizzes will ask you to choose your favorite from a few different options to help you find your style.
There are several free online quizzes that can help you identify which design styles match your personal preferences. Here are a few that may help:
These quizzes usually provide you a one-word design style. But the truth is, many people have a design style that’s a combination of two or three different styles. Note all of your quiz results.
2. Pinterest is Your Best Friend
Once you’ve got the results from your design style quizzes it’s time to turn to Pinterest. If you don’t have an account then start one. Accounts are free and very useful for finding and collecting all your design ideas.
Once you have an account use the search bar to type in your design style quiz results, the name of the room you want to decorate, and then the words “design ideas” or “inspiration”. It might look something like this:
- “farmhouse bedroom design ideas”
- “contemporary kitchen design inspiration”
- “mid-century modern bathroom inspiration”
Once you enter your search Pinterest will populate a series of popular images that match your search. If you find ideas and images that you like you can “pin” them to a personal Pinterest board.
A Few Other Pinterest Tips
- If you’re designing or decorating several rooms in your home then it’s a good idea to make a Pinterest board for each room.
- You may start to see other keywords associated with your design style. If you notice other adjectives used to describe your style, note those with your original quiz results.
- Once you’re ready to start decorating or purchasing furniture it’s a good idea to try and select one main Pinterest image that encompasses your ideas for each room or area. Too many ideas can make for a cluttered or confusing space. Pick your favorite picture and stick with that.
3. Now It’s Time to Shop
Once you’ve taken the style quizzes and curated a Pinterest board that matches what you like, it’s time to shop. Head to our large furniture showrom today share your design style and inspiration photos with a design specialist.
One of our professionals can help you find the furniture and decor that fits your design style and your budget.
Ready, Set, Style!
Finding your home design style and incorporating it into your home isn’t just fun, it’s a perfect way to make your home a haven.
Contact us today for help with interior design for your home.